Thursday, November 19, 2015

3rd5

Thursday, November 19th

There are different steps before writing your story
1. Choose your story: the one your teacher is asking you to write if possible and write a
script (following page)
2. Choose your character :
the most interesting characters in stories are those based on real life people. So choose
someone you like or do not like and make it live in your story. It is easier and funnier :
Note  :
what they look like
the sound of his /her voice
the way they move
what they like
what they don't like
what they do when they are stressed, nervous / happy/ angry/ sad
what they wear ....

By using someone you know you will have a character that is not too ideal. Not all good
not all bad not a goodie or a baddie which will make your character more interesting.

Then write a script for your story, read it again and revise it !!

Revise your story

1. Do I have a clear beginning, middle and end?
2. Are my arguments / is my story clear?
3. Do I give enough support to make my character / story /ideas convincing?
4. Do I have transitions between the different parts of the story /paragraphs and
ideas?
5.  Do I need to change any words to make myself clearer or make my points
stronger?
6. Do my ideas / my paragraphs (my story) flow easily ? What organization am I
using? Is it effective/ nice ? Do I like it ? What story do I like that I could imitate?

7. Did I make any mistake ?
Do all the verbs have an s in the third person singular in the dialogues?
Are all my verbs in the simple past in the story telling part ?
Are my pronouns, possessive adjectives coherent ?
Are my adjectives all in the singular because they are invariable...)

No comments:

Post a Comment